January 29, 2010.
Russian Federal Space Agency invited a delegation from RNPLS&T to participate in astronautics academic lectures in memory of Sergey Korolev and other outstanding scientists of our country – outer space exploration pioneers. The event took place in S.P. Korolev Memorial Museum of Cosmonautics.
By Presidential Decree Galina Evstigneeva, Deputy Director General, RNPLS&T, was awarded Medal of the Order of Merit for the Fatherland of II Degree for high professional achievements and fruitful work of many years.
Staff of RNPLS&T congratulate Galina Evstigneeva heartily and wish her futher professional success!
January 22, 2010.
Yakov Shrayberg, Director General, RNPLS&T took part in the annual meeting of the International Board of Trustees of M.I. Rudomino All-Russian State Library for Foreign Literature. The meeting was presided by Yves Hamant, Slavic Studies Faculty, Paris-X University, France. Over 50 persons, including members of the Board, plenipotentiary representatives of the Board and guests took part in the meeting.
Ekaterina Genieva, Director General, M.I. Rudomino All-Russian State Library for Foreign Literature, delivered a program speech “Survey of the library’s activities in 2009”. Reports were also made by:
- Olga Sinitsina, Deputy Director General, M.I. Rudomino All-Russian State Library for Foreign Literature;
- Svetlana Gorokhova, Deputy Director General, M.I. Rudomino All-Russian State Library for Foreign Literature;
- Svetlana Stulova, Director, Information Center, M.I. Rudomino All-Russian State Library for Foreign Literature, Program Director, “Tolerance Institute” Charity Foundation;
- Karina Dmitrieva, Director, International Information Centre for Removed Cultural Values;
- Artem Aslanyan, Director, Council of Europe information office in Russia,
- and others.
All the participants took part in the discussion at the end of the meeting.
January 22, 2010.
A business meeting took place in Karpukhin’s (Advisor to Chairman) office at the Council of Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation in order to prepare a session of the Council on State Cultural Policy under the jurisdiction of Chair, Council of Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation. The theme of the session would be “Legal regulations of library services. Problems and Prospects” and it would be held on February 5, 2010.
Those present at the business meeting were:
- Victor Fedorov, Director General, Russian State Library;
- Vladimir Firsov, Deputy Director General, Russian National Library;
- Yakov Shrayberg, Director General, RNPLS&T;
- Elena Lindeman, Deputy Director General, RNPLS&T;
- Irina Mikhnova, Director, Russian State Library for Young Adults;
- Liudmila Tikhonova, Scientific Secretary, Russian State Library;
- Tatyana Korobkina, Director, I. S. Turgenev Library and Reading Room.
January 21, 2010.
“Crimea-2010” International Conference Program Committee meeting took place in RNPLS&T. You can see minutes of the meeting here.
January 14, 2010.
There was a RNPLS&T academic council meeting. Members of the council heard reports on the following topics:
- Reader services complex: present state and prospects of development (delivered by Elena Lindeman);
- Proposals concerning the format and content of the account of the work of RNPLS&T in 2009 (delivered by Andrey Zemskov);
- Updating RNPLS&T academic council membership (delivered by Armen Adamyants).
December 16, 2009.
Outstanding scientists in the fields of education and information were decorated with federal awards in the hall of the Board of Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Among them, Yakov Shrayberg, Ph. D. in technical sciences, Director General, RNPLS&T, was awarded Order of Honour and Mikhail Goncharov, Director, Internet Technologies Development and Maintenance Center, RNPLS&T, was awarded Medal of the Order of Merit for the Fatherland of the II Degree. Vladimir Fridlyanov, Deputy Minister of Education and Science, handed the awards.
“Organizing and using RNPLS&T virtual reference service” seminar took place in RNPLS&T. Murzak, Chief Bibliographer, made a report, and Elena Lindeman, Deputy Director General, made the closing speech.
December 9, 2009.
A Chinese delegation consisting of Director and employees of the Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China paid a visit to RNPLS&T. The obective of the visit was to learn more about the activities of RNPLS&T in creating and using information resources in science and technologies, as well as to share experience in this sphere.
Other participants of the talks were: Bian Chunrong, Second secretary for the Embassy of China People’s Republic in the Russian Federation; Victor Kuprikhin, Deputy Director of Department, Federal Agency for Science and Innovation; Yakov Shrayberg, Director General, RNPLS&T, and two Deputy Directors of RNPLS&T: Galina Evstigneeva and Elena Lindeman. An excursion around RNPLS&T was organized for its guests, and they were given personal invitations to “Crimea-2010” International Conference.
December 8, 2009.
A round table on library legislation was organized by editorial staff of two professional journals: Research Libraries and University Book on the basis of RNPLS&T. Representatives of publishing houses and libraries took place in the round table, and Yakov Shrayberg, Director General, RNPLS&T, made the opening statement.
December 2-4, 2009.
“Web portals and automated library and information systems” workshop and training was organized by Alexander Brodovsky, Department Head, RNPLS&T, and Kirill Kolosov, Head, Internet Complex Management, Designing and Analysis Department, RNPLS&T, on the basis of V.V. Mayakovsky Central Municipal Public Library (St. Petersburg). Representatives of St. Petersburg libraries took part in the workshop.
November 30 – December 4, 2009.
Education and Methodological Centre of RNPLS&T conducted “Information Resources Formation and Use in a Modern Library” classes for RNPLS&T employees and representatives of other Russian libraries.